Meet Your Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Mustehsan Bashir
Dr. Mustehsan Bashir is the founder of Cosmeticoplasty; he is not only
a competent and skillful surgeon but also a compassionate
professor and a dedicated researcher. He is exceptionally
experienced in surgical and non-surgical procedures, including
rhinoplasty (nose surgery), eyelid surgery, facelift, liposuction, fat
grafting, and anti-aging procedures for skin rejuvenation. He is also very passionate about creating awareness for burn prevention, and he is leading a campaign to educate school children about burn precautions and first aid. With more than 16 years of experience in surgery, he promises to deliver nothing less than the best. According to the cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir he aims:
To amplify and strengthen my knowledge, skills, and capabilities as a committed Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, devoted teacher, and proficient Researcher to improve the quality of life of my patients and help them enjoy the finest version of themselves.
Educational Background of your
Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir
Rhinoplasty surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir got his education from the most esteemed and
prestigious institutes of Pakistan and maintained a top position throughout his academic
expedition from middle school to Ph.D., gathering many accolades and awards for his efforts.
Ph.D. in Plastic Surgery
He got his Ph.D. in plastic surgery with a special interest in Signature facial rejuvenation therapy in 2018 from King
Edward Medical University (KEMU) Lahore, Pakistan, and right now, he holds the singular honor
of being the only Ph.D. Plastic surgeon in Pakistan.
He did his Masters in education in 2020.
Fellowship in hand surgery
He grew a special interest in hand surgery, and he did a fellowship in hand surgery from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA, in 2016.
He completed his MCPS (surgery) in 2004 and FCPS (general surgery) in 2006, and then he did his FCPS (plastic surgery) in 2009 from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. He holds a rare distinction of passing both FCPS exams on the first attempt.
He did his MBBS with honors from King Edward Medical University (KEMU) Lahore, Pakistan, in 2000.
After getting distinction and merit scholarship in the middle standard examinations, he secured bronze medals in both matriculation and intermediate examination in 1992 and 1994 in Faisalabad.
Professional journey of your
Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir
He believes in continuous professional development (CPD) and constantly stays abreast with the latest advances in cosmetic and plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir is unparalleled in rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, hair transplant, liposuction, fat grafting, and Signature facial rejuvenation therapy. Rhinoplasty is a very complicated procedure, and he not only mastered it but also presented many innovative techniques in rhinoplasty that are now being adopted globally.
Mayo Hospital, Lahore
- He started his professional journey in the north surgical ward of mayo hospital in 2000 as a house surgeon, then became the house physician of the west medical ward in 2001.
- He rejoined mayo hospital in 2006 as a trainee registrar plastic surgery, then became the senior registrar plastic surgery in 2009, and now he is the consultant plastic surgeon in mayo hospital since 2009.
- He also followed his passion for teaching and became the assistant professor of plastic surgery at King Edward medical university in 2009, then associate professor of plastic surgery in 2015, and currently, he is the professor of plastic surgery in KEMU since 2018.
Evercare Hospital, Lahore
Before coming to Evercare hospital, he dreamed of providing a safe and comfortable environment for his patients to deliver his best services in his total capacity. He is very compassionate about patient care and showing the best results. The Evercare hospital is home to Cosmeticoplasty, and Dr. Mustehsan Bashir is one of the leading plastic and cosmetic surgeons in Lahore, Pakistan
Punjab medical college
and allied hospital, Faisalabad
He joined Punjab medical college and allied hospital in 2001 and worked as a trainee registrar in general surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, urology, and plastic surgery for six years.
Publications by Your Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir
His dedication to research lead him to write a book, publish several medical papers in national and international medical journals and introduce various innovative techniques in plastic and cosmetic procedures that are now being used worldwide. Currently, he is also the Editor of the Pakistan Journal of Plastic Surgery.
He wrote a book titled “Research methodology and basic biostatistics” in 2015.
He introduced many avant-garde techniques that have gained universal popularity and are being adopted by other plastic surgeons, including;
- Suction-assisted technique to inject diced cartilage in rhinoplasty
- Modification to turn flaps for nasal reconstruction
- And also presented new techniques to deal with post-burn contractures in children etc.
He has published many ingenious research papers and has more than 400 citations to his work. He was accorded a distinction for the best researcher by an undergraduate student at King Edward Medical University by the National Academy of Medical Sciences. His extensive work on rhinoplasty, hand surgery, fat grafting, nano fat grafting, and the use of Signature facial rejuvenation is widely recognized and published in national and international journals.
Plastic Surgery to
Repair Your Impairments
Currently, Dr. Mustehsan Bashir is a member of;
- Pakistan Association of Plastic Surgeons (PAPS)
- Pakistan Burn Association
- Scientific, Clinical and Industrial Advisory Board of Center for Advanced Technologies in Biomedical Materials
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Pakistan Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Society of Surgeons Pakistan
Dr. Mustehsan Bashir is registered with
- Pakistan Medical Commission
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
Conferences and Talks of your Plastic &
Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Mustehsan Bashir
- Over the years, he has attended various conferences and seminars and gave lectures on different platforms. Some of
the highlights of the conferences and talks are as follow:
- He delivered a lecture on tissue engineering at the University of Sheffield, UK, in 2017.
- He gave a talk on concepts of skin repair and regeneration at the 5th international symposium at COMSATS.
- He presented the management of eczema in the burn unit at the 21st joint conference of the Pakistan Association
of Plastic Surgeons (PAPS) and Pakistan society for surgery of the hand.
- He attended the GCRF workshop on affordable healthcare in Pakistan at the University of Sheffield, UK.
- He attended the Breast cancer Surgery Course of PAPSCON at Nishtar Medical College Multan. Etc.