Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion
Making good skin great with Dermabrasion and
Microdermabrasion in Lahore Pakistan
Both Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion are non-surgical procedures performed with a goal of smooth and rejuvenated skin. We use Dermabrasion to treat deep scars from acne or accidents, sun-damaged skin, deep wrinkles, and precancerous skin patches, whereas microdermabrasion is more useful for improving blackheads, exfoliating skin, reducing hyperpigmentation, and decreasing the visibility of stretch marks. At Cosmeticoplasty, we can expertly perform both of these procedures with efficiency and pinpoint accuracy resulting in refreshed and blossoming skin.
How we Perform
Dermabrasion is a straightforward word; derm means ‘skin,’ and abrasion
means ‘scraping something away,’ so the word itself means the process of
scraping away the skin, which is exactly what we do in Dermabrasion
treatment. We scrape off the superficial layer of your skin for a soft and
Dermabrasion treatment is a skin resurfacing procedure in which we use a
rapidly rotating device with constant gentle pressure to remove the outer
layer of your skin. We perform Dermabrasion under local anesthesia, and the
procedure takes about 1-1.5 hours depending upon the area to be treated.
We start by scraping the superficial layer of your skin and keep going until
we reach the safest level that will make your wrinkles or scars the least
visible. Then we proceed to treat your skin in a number of ways, including
applying ointment, wet dressings, dry treatment, or a combination of these
according to your condition.
After the procedure, we will give you detailed instructions on how to take care of your skin.
You will encounter some redness and swelling for the next few days. Your new skin will show
dramatic improvement in the surface and texture of your skin.
Common uses of Dermabrasion
Dermabrasion treatment can reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and improve the looks of
many skin flaws. We use Dermabrasion to diminish the deeper scars and skin imperfections for soft
and smooth skin. It is beneficial in the following cases;
- Age spots
- Scars from accidents or surgery
- Non-cancerous skin growths
- Deep acne scars
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Precancerous skin patches
- Sun damage
- Severe sun damage
- Chickenpox marks
- Red, thick skin on the nose
- Pigmentation disorders
- Certain skin lesions
We use Dermabrasion to induce epidermal and dermal injury, which ultimately improves your skin
appearance as the wound healing occurs and new skin appears. At Cosmeticoplasty, dermabrasion cost
is pocket friendly, and it yields exceptional results in a short period of time. It helps with the color and
texture of your skin and gives you a lovely and spotless look
Procedure of Microdermabrasion on acne scars
Microdermabrasion, popularly known as ‘crystal clean up,’ is a simple, quick, and painless cosmetic procedure that can help improve skin appearance resulting in a more smooth and glowing look. It is a mechanical exfoliation of your skin that helps in the removal of the dead skin cells from the outer most layer of your dermis.
We start by gently cleaning the skin with the help of a cleanser, then we use a handheld device that is connected to a vacuum to exfoliate your skin using vacuum pressure, and through the microcrystals of aluminum oxide, we remove the dead cells from the surface of your skin leading to healthier and clearer appearance.
Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion
In a crystal-free version of microdermabrasion, we use a handheld wand with a diamond tip and rub it over your skin in a buffing action to exfoliate your skin and give you a soft, smooth, and bright look.
Uses of Microdermabrasion
Anyone who is interested in improving the texture and appearance of their skin can benefit from this, but microdermabrasion is significantly useful in the following cases;
- Mild or superficial acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Uneven skin tone
- Lines and wrinkles
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Dull skin
- Skin discoloration
With microdermabrasion, you can achieve clearer and brighter skin as it reveals your inner glow. It promotes collagen production to restore elasticity for taut and tight skin resulting in a youthful appearance. We unclog your pores and congestion to reduce acne, blackheads, and breakouts in your skin because acne manifests when the pores in your skin get clogged with oil, dust, and dead skin cells, as all kinds of skin need a regular conditioning treatment to encourage radiance. The most amazing fact is there is no recovery time required for microdermabrasion, and we can perform it in 20-40 minutes which is why it is considered as a ‘lunchtime procedure.
Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion
Because your beauty is our duty
Aging and other skin problems cause undesirable aesthetic issues like tired and unhealthy-looking skin that drabs your overall personality. At Cosmeticoplasty, we have just the right solution for you if you are looking to refresh dull, aging, or scarred skin in a safe and effective way. Dermabrasion is a more aggressive method than microdermabrasion as we use it to eliminate deep scars.
Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion are skin refinishing treatments that can enhance your appearance and self-confidence. Men and women of all ages can take advantage from these procedures to repair and exfoliate their skin. Dr. Mustehsan Bashir stands among the best plastic and cosmetic surgeons in Lahore, Pakistan, who ensures the complete removal of dead cells and scars from your skin, giving you a more youthful, healthier, and glowing look.
How long does the microdermabrasion procedure take?
It takes about 20-40 minutes to treat the whole face and 20 minutes to cover the neck. You will feel a sanding sensation, but it is not painful. After the procedure, moisturizer is applied.
Can dermabrasion or microdermabrasion help with burn scars?
No. Burn surgery is used to treat burn scars.
What is the difference between dermabrasion and microdermabrasion?
- Dermabrasion is a deep peeling of the skin; it abrades the skin just like peeling paint off the wall. It is used specifically for restoring normal skin in certain medical conditions such as vitiligo, scars etc. It is the debridement of skin till the point of pinpoint bleeding, and it requires downtime for the skin to heal and repair.
- As the term itself suggests, by adding micro before dermabrasion, microdermabrasion is a superficial peeling of the skin done to remove the top layer of dead, damaged and dull skin cells.
What will you need to do after the microdermabrasion?
- You will need to apply moisturizer or other skincare products at home according to the skincare plan that will be given to you.
- You will need to avoid sun exposure.
- As microdermabrasion treats only the top layer of skin so there is no downtime required after microdermabrasion, and you can go back to your normal activities after your procedure.
How many microdermabrasion sessions are needed?
It varies in different people based on the reason for getting the procedure. Many people feel satisfied with the results after just one session, while others need more sessions to get the desired results. Acne scars may require 6 to 8 sessions to smooth the skin. Microdermabrasion sessions can be repeated after 2 to 4 weeks as your skin needs time to heal after the session.
What are the common side effects of microdermabrasion?
Your skin may become red or pink, and you might experience some swelling. These tend to disappear in a day. In some people, there can be little bruising, burning or stinging sensation and sensitivity to light. They also tend to go away in a couple of days.
How long does microdermabrasion last?
The results of microdermabrasion depend upon the natural turnover cycle of your skin. Typically the results last for one month and can be maintained by regularly repeating the procedure.
How to prepare for the dermabrasion procedure?
Once you have scheduled your dermabrasion procedure, your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with proper instructions such as;
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days for the best results.
- Stop taking certain medicines and supplements.
- Stop smoking at least one week before your procedure.
What happens during the dermabrasion procedure?
- Your skin is cleansed, and you are given a numbing spray, topical anesthetic gel or local anesthesia injection to eliminate discomfort.
- Then a high-speed rotatory instrument is used to scrape away the outer layer of your skin.
- A moist dressing is applied to your skin to keep it protected while it heals.
What to do after the dermabrasion procedure?
- You will need to have someone to take you home as you won’t be able to drive.
- You will be prescribed an antiviral and antibiotic to prevent infections.
- You will have to cleanse your skin several times a day to help avoid the crusting caused by the normal healing process.
- You will need to take care of the treated area, keep it moist and change the ointment or dressing regularly. Proper guidelines will be given to you on how to change the dressing.
- You will have to avoid sun exposure.
What is the recovery timeline of dermabrasion?
After the procedure, you may feel a stinging sensation for a few days. The newly formed skin will be very pink and tender in the beginning and will gradually develop the normal colour over the course of three months. It takes about two weeks for your skin to heal. Most people can resume their normal activities 7 to 14 days after their treatment.
How long do dermabrasion results last?
Dermabrasion provides long-lasting results and gets rid of scars permanently.